Your corporation should take corporate wellness very seriously. We, at The Nap Lounge, are here to help. Here are some reasons why as told by Joshua Love of Kinema Fitness.
- A higher level of awareness is essential to success. Americans are becoming more and more health conscious. But due to higher stress, longer work days and constant multitasking, it is more difficult to find the time to act on wellness goals. Creating an on-site wellness program is important because the majority of an employee’s time is spent at the workplace.
- Many chronic diseases are preventable. According to the CDC, chronic diseases account for 75 percent of total healthcare costs. They are also the most preventable type of disease. Such illnesses include heart disease, stroke, cancer and obesity. The only way to prevent disease is with actionable steps to halt progression. When old habits are years in the making, you cannot expect behavior to change to happen overnight. However, when a person is able to commit mentally, emotionally and socially and on a conscience level, progress is possible. An employee wellness program needs to address this through consistent education and layers of accountability.
- Combat rising healthcare costs. Healthcare costs are rising year after year. Employers, especially those at small companies, can simply not afford to take on this burden any longer. As a result, they are passing the costs on to their employees through higher deductibles. But healthier employees can actually help their own bottom line. Some employers are now lowering employee’s contributions with rebates if they do participate in a wellness program.
- Corporate wellness is a complex, long-term play. The success of corporate wellness is driven by the unique strategy behind it. It involves a framework that outlines short and long-term goals for the employee and the employer. Corporate wellness needs support, leadership, commitment from the vendor, employer and employees. A successful program takes time and constantly evolves so it can be integrated into the fabric of the company’s culture. Corporate wellness is not just one solution. It is the culmination of many solutions that work together under one strategy. It involves layers of physical activity, education, communication, incentives, and a long term commitment.
We offer a range of options to jumpstart or build on your wellness options
- Rest and Wellness Seminars and Webinars
- Corporate Memberships
- Mobile Nap Lounge Program